Thursday, March 12, 2009

My 4-year old is turning in to a mess

Hey everyone

I need help!!! Please, I am recently having the hardest time with Annaclaire. All of a sudden she has gone from me sweet, precious, innocent, well-behaving, well-mannered baby to a sweet, sometimes precious, not so much innocent anymore, not so well behaved, talking back, sassying me and my word we must have sent our manners to the moon! I dont know what to do with her. For example: we talk with food in our mouth now, and yes ma'am and sir and please and thank you are just all together gone most of the time, if I ask her to do something in goes in one ear and out the other, if Im talking to her sometimes it looks like shes looking right through me, and when i ask her to do something like get dressed she has 15 things to tell me all of a sudden and she finds 10 things to do before she actually gets dressed. Its driving me insane! I am all about lettting a child be who a child wants to be and I know she has a little OCD and that is fine with me but its driving me nuts that shes not listening to me and not using her manners anymore its like shes a completely different child in the past 2 months! Any suggestions on how to combat this i will be more than open to them. I never went through terrible twos with her so I guess were making up for it and its called ferocious fours! LOL. Anywho anyone who has been through this I will love to hear how you did it. Thank you so much.

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, I don't know if you remember me but I used to work with your mom yeeeeeaaaarrrrs ago @ Penney's. Anyway, I read your blog and the only thing I can say is good luck. My baby girl is 8 and nothing has changed I think it just gets worse. I think it's a thing called being a girl. I stay on Bailey 24/7. She don't listen, she's smart mouth (always has something to say back), and her manners also flew out the window. So if you find a solution, let me in on it!!! I have a blog also www.heatherfoleyfamily.blogspot.com. Well I will go, I just seen your post and had to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have girls, but I have a little boy that is quite a card!

    Read my blog about this Friday night. We're meeting for Josh and Lyndsay at David's. Let me know if you and Kevin will be able to come!

    ReplyDelete